Re: [TCLUG:13146] VI quick reference

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> 	You know, I would do everything possible to make them sort of
> like Linux.  Forcing them to use vi isn't going to help that.  I used to
> watch people at the U of MN play with editors.  People get all confused
> when they use vi, and they're already all confused by their programming
> project.  It's not a happy combination.

Actually, they won't be forced to use vi exclusively. I merely want to
have some sort of quick introduction to the basic commands for them. Once
they start working on programs that are contained in multiple files,
they're probably going to work on KDevelop. Have you guys seen it? That is
one impressive piece of software!

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/