Re: [TCLUG:19409] silly question

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 12:49:32PM -0500, Gabe Turner wrote:
>!!!  Turning locking off is _not_ a good idea.  What if you've got too seperate
>MUAs running on two different machines (or the same machine) both reading your

It's a mailbox in my home dir. I'll just have to be careful.

>mail spool?  There's a good chance you could corrupt your spool.  If it's a
>locking problem, make sure you have rpc.statd running so that mutt can flock
>your spool.

statd was running the whole time. the nolock option was the olny way. works
fine now. flock is pretty important but the files I am opening shouldn't be
used by anything else. it's only a $HOME/

--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

"I thought Christmas only comes once a year..."
James Bond - The World Is Not Enough