Re: [TCLUG:19450] PHP and mSQL...

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, mjn wrote:

> Anyone have experience or know if it is possible to connect to a remote
> m$SQL database using PHP from a linux box and pull data?
  ^^^^^
I assume you're talking about Microsoft SQL server, right? *Supposedly*
this is possible using ODBC, be we never got it to work correctly using
PHP on Linux. You might have more luck if your MS SQL version is 6.5,
because that is exactly the same as Sybase, and you can use the Sybase
drivers to connect. But for 7.0, Microsoft changed the protocls and the
Sybase drivers don't work any more.

Anyway, it's hard. If you can either get ODBC or Sybase compiled in, you
can use the odbc_* or sy_* (i think that's what their called) functions to
get the data.

You could also install PHP on an NT box, that would work well.

Luke