Multiple VM's

I'm moving into a very small apartment and I'm looking into network
options.  I really don't have room for 3-4 individual server boxen as my
old place did and I'm trying to come up with a few options.  I'm long
overdue on a workstation upgrade and I figured with the extra $$ I'm
saving on rent I could build really hyped up workstation.  My question is
this..would it be practical to have a machine running linux as a primary
OS and have both NT and Novell running in VM's at the same time?  I'm
thinking something in terms of dual 800+Mhz processors and 256+ MB RAM.
The boxen I'm replacing are essentially low-end pentiums, so I'm not
looking for performance past that.  I'm just wondering if it'd be possible
to run multiple VM's at the same time and still keep linux running at a
decent speed.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Brian