Debian logout question

Hi,

I've been playing with Debian lately (which I find to be a pretty cool
distro!), and I have one (so far) question. How do you make it clear
the screen when you log out, so that the login prompt isn't
displayed immediately below your last screenful of commands?

Not that this is a really big deal, but damnit, I want it to look nicer! :)

Oh and does anyone have any suggestions for a good log parser?
I've used logcheck before, and it seemed to function alright. Just
wondering if there's something lots better out there.

Thanks!

Ben
-----
Benjamin Exley