RE: [TCLUG:19737] hello? (Citrix Metaframe)

I run two metaframe servers, one using citrix winframe, and one using
windows terminal server.

They work, but they take GOBS of admin time.  You must remember there's
nothing about Windows NT's design that enables it to be a real multi-user
environment.  I'd consider either product a tremendous hack, and most every
application has a seriously hard time dealing the the concept (gasp!) of
multiple users using the same applicationat the same time.  So you have to
wrap everything in registry hacking scripts in order to make it work, set up
your profiles seperatrely, etc, etc.

That wouldn't be SO bad, if Microsoft wanted their Windows Terminal Server
product to exist, but they don't.  So they charge you an arm and a leg for
it, plus Citrix ain't cheap, and any non ICA (Citrix's terminal protocol)
prouct is even more.

I don't recommend it unless you're at a company with deep pockets.

Jer