Dedication of the Debian 2.2 release (fwd)

a sad note for debian users.. forwarding this for people not on the debian
announce list, and other linux users.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:51:21 -0400
From: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
To: debian-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: Dedication of the Debian 2.2 release

This is the first public announcement of this intention. Some may notice
two new files in our archive (or on mirrors) and on the new Test Cycle 3
CD's. This is a dedication of this release to a recently daparted member
of our Project, Joel Klecker, who died unexpectedly at age 21.

The dedication can be found (and is attached here for completeness) at:

	ftp://ftp.debian.org/doc/dedication-2.2.txt

You will also find a file with it called dedication-2.2.sigs.tar.gz, which
contains close to 200 PGP signatures from our Developers for the
dedication.txt.

Joel's death was the result of a life long battle with Duchenne Muscular
Dystrophy. Information for donations to the Muscular Dystrophy Association
can be found here and will be greatly appreciated (please make donations
in Joel's name, if you so desire):

	http://mdausa.org/donate/index.html

Sincerely,
  Ben Collins