RE: [TCLUG:19949] USWest DSL @ 640K

I guess this isn't too un-public:

All the 256K DSL was provisioned at 640/272 for a long time, as that was the
lowest provisioning above 256 bi-directional allowed.
Then an upgrade to the software allowed them to provision at actual 256, so
they started doing that for a while.  For a variety of reasons, we decided
that was too low, (I wasn't privvy to discussions either way) and went
through and switched everyone back.

This month everyone who was provisioned at less than 640/272 was switched to
that rate, the only exception being IDSL customers.

Jer Smith
QWEST