Re: [TCLUG:18442] What books do you recommend for a newbie?

Hmm, I've had no such experience.. though I've never ordered out-of-stock books.
There shipping is incredibly cheap on large orders.  I paid $7 (maybe $9, can't quite remember) for 2nd day air.  That order was for 5 books totaling about $100
dollars.  I was pleased.  I don't tend to do the one-book-at-a-time thing.  I usually drop $100-$200 at a time.

Gabe