RE: [TCLUG:18492] AMD vs. Intel

No, no.  The issue was that the AMD 750 (Irongate) chipset
didn't support NVidia cards at more than AGP 1X, which cut into
performance quite considerably.  AMD provided a fix to certain
OEMs, but no nobody else.  The whole deal was kind of shady.
The VIA KX133 chipset does support the NVidia cards at AGP
4X.

Nick Reinking

ehillman@cccu.com, on 06/01/2000 11:41:41 AM