Re: [TCLUG:18492] AMD vs. Intel

Ummm... the VIA "4-in-1" drivers are integrated right into
Windows 2000.  I'm running my ASUS P3V4X (VIA Apollo
Pro133A) board on Windows 2000, and I have ATA/66,
USB, etc, etc, without any problems what-so-ever.

I used to remember looking at VIA's website before, and seeing
"No updates needed for Windows 2000 as all drivers are
on the Windows 2000 installation CD."  They have new updated
AGP/USB/chipset drivers these days, but I ran Windows 2000 for a long
time (at a high speed) with just the default Windows 2000 drivers.

But yeah, the two VIA chipsets supporting UDMA66 (the KX133 and
Apollo Pro133A) work great with Windows 2000, and I'm running
just fine myself in UDMA Mode 4.

Nick Reinking

veldy@veldy.net, on 06/01/2000 12:57:46 PM