Re: [TCLUG:18602] Cheep reliable dialup

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 08:21:28AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Cheap and reliable do not fit the mold.  Best I can offer is
> VISI.com if you want full shell access and a few other frills.  If
> you are after good reliablity with fewer frills a  little cheaper -
> perhaps Earthlink is the best choice for you.
>
> Tom Veldhouse veldy@veldy.net

If you're parents/family is pisssed about their loss of Internet
access, why not bug them for a portion of your cost and get fast
Internet access.  You'll all be happier for it. ;-)

	IOW, Media One Roadrunner, USWest ADSL, Covad DSL (Onvoy),
	etc.

Or, as you Tom suggested Visi.net.  Perhaps Internet Exposure, Sihope,
or even mninter.net (who seem to be pretty freaky-paranoid when it
comes to security -- they only allow shell access from your dialup
account unless you're using ssh).

Pick up a copy of Computer User at a local bookstore or music shop and
start calling around.

--
  Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>
              http://wookimus.net/chewie