Re: [TCLUG:18657] RoadRunner service?

Eric F Crist <ecrist@ardent-hacker.net> writes:

> I'm currently have MediaNone RoadRunner and I am very dissatisfied with the
> lack of service.  First off, if you decide to go with it, don't even think of
> mentioning any *nix operating systems, as they'll hang up on you, "Sorry sir,
> we don't support Linux," click.

I can deal with that.  Just don't tell them.  I support myself.

> Second, DO NOT run any services (sendmail, apache, wu-ftpd) as they'll cut you
> off if they find them running, as was the case with me, this week.

This is a problem, as I run quite a few services and depend on them.

> Thirdly, they seem to have problems, at least in Roseville, with routers during
> the wee hours of the night.  I've often found my system down after a night only
> to talk to technical support and hear, "Sorry sir, we've been having troubles
> with some of our routers.  We should have it fixed shortly."

Hmm, sounds like the support I get from Onvoy, only they just say, "We'll have
to call Covad, here's a ticket number".

> As a result, I'm switching to 768K ADSL from USWorst (who doesn't seem to be so
> bad now... =)

I'd like to switch, but I'm too far out.  Apparently there aren't enough
COs in St. Louis Park.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe