Re: [TCLUG:18657] RoadRunner service?

> [3] Services verboten.  The user agreement specifically says
>     these are not OK.  However they offer POP, SMTP, NNTP,
>     and some web space from their servers.  So far I'm happy
>     with this setup.  Ask me again in a month.

Just wait.  Their SMTP, POP and NNTP all suck.  No kidding.

> [5] Extra bastardly charges: $6/mo rental fee for cable modem,
>     extra $10 on basic service since I don't have cable TV.
>     Both of these are pure bullshit, and not highly advertised
>     either.

I have not seen the $6/mo rental fee.  The $10 was advertised though.

> So far the fun outweighs the pain.

Are you a rather heavy net user?  Nice warm days always cause trouble.

BTW - MediaOne was kind of nice to send out a signal to our box last night
and reprogrammed all 70 channels (yes - still old pre-fiber) to TNT.
Granted, TNT is a nice channel - but not when you are watching a news clip
on the old '84 breakup of AT&T on CBS.  Kind of ironic that AT&T just
happened to shut that channel off at that particular time :)

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net