Re: [TCLUG:18657] RoadRunner service?

Hello all:

Here are my recent experiences with RoadRunner:

[1] Fast turnaround.  I ordered service on 30 May, got it
    installed yesterday, working last night.  One week.
    Anyone know the length of the DSL waiting list?

[2] Linux neutral.  I didn't hide the fact that I was going
    to be running Linux; it never came up.  They didn't put
    the kibosh on me or anything.  DHCP works; I'm happy.

[3] Services verboten.  The user agreement specifically says
    these are not OK.  However they offer POP, SMTP, NNTP,
    and some web space from their servers.  So far I'm happy
    with this setup.  Ask me again in a month.

[4] No static IPs.  :-(

[5] Extra bastardly charges: $6/mo rental fee for cable modem,
    extra $10 on basic service since I don't have cable TV.
    Both of these are pure bullshit, and not highly advertised
    either.

[6] Free coasters, plus hours of entertainment reading the
    instructions on how to Navigate the Information Superhiway.

So far the fun outweighs the pain.

John