Re: [TCLUG:18657] RoadRunner service?

> Check your math.  I'm getting 768k ADSL from USWest for $79.95 per month.
I am
> then using USWest as my ISP (they allow me to run these services) for an
> additional $17.99 per month.  Last I checked,
>
> 79.95 + 17.99 <> $150+
>
> Unless I've failed calculus and nobody told me. =)
>

> Eric

I wouldn't know if you failed calculus - this isn't even up to algebra yet.
:)

However, your post implied that you have yet to switch to ADSL.  Further -
the $17.99 price is only listed for the 256K DSL.  I would be very surprised
if they give it to you for that price pulling 768 Kbps through them.  Covad
was offering that at one time - but I have not seen USWest doing that.  Have
you been quoted this value, or are you just figuring the amount from their
web page?  None of the other ISPs that work with USWest offer anything close
to the price you mentioned.  If it works - well - good luck.

BTW - USWest.net does not give you a static IP - they give you a DHCP
supplied IP.  You won't be able to register a domain for that IP(unless you
constantly update it).

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net