Re: [TCLUG:18762] Re: A couple of questions

Charles Fulton wrote:

> This is not entirely true... the is one and only one HP printer that will
> not work in Linux.  It is (I believe) the Deskjet 722.  I know someone who
> got one of these with his Dell and has been messing with it for several
> years now with no luck.
>
> It seems HP had a go with the WinPrinter thing but decided against doing
> it in any great quantity (finally a sensible company)..

It is not just the DeskJet 722.  It is all PPA-based HP printers.  There
is a PPA solution for Linux.  It is bundled with RH 6.2.  I have not got
around to working with it (I have a DeskJet 722, a present from my
wife).

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is
no woman around to hear him... is he still wrong?