Re: [TCLUG:18772] Problem with NFS mounting form

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Kent Schumacher wrote:

> As an aside, this kind of failure with no warning is pretty scary.  To the casual
> glance it looked like the filesystem had mounted cleanly - all the top level directories
> were showing, and the first couple of subdirectories showed the expected files.  It took
> a bit of effort to determine there was a problem.  I would much rather have a good
> dramatic fail with horns and trumpets, rather than a quiet partial failure.

Yep.  I played with OpenBSD on a 68k mac (hiding from the linux advocates
now;) for the first time, and nfs mounts failed properly, bells and whistles
etc. =) The mount went perfectly clean, but 'ls' came up 'protocol not
supported' :)

Of course, I figured the kernel didnt have nfs support or something.. Turns
out that OpenBSD defaults to nfs3, and failback to nfs2 doesnt work properly
yet (at least on this machine)

-David