Re: [TCLUG:18801] Weird slow X4.0 Startup

  Hi,

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> AFAIK though a lot of drivers support reading DDC, none of the info is
> actually used for anything as of yet. So it won't affect setting
> modlines and such.

Well, xf86config for X4.0 doesn't insert modelines into XF86Config at
all. I did, however, copy them over from my old XF86Configs, cause I don't
trust it either...

> On a tangent, whats up with DPMS anyway?

Works fine for me... you have to both have:

	Load        "extmod"

in the Modules section, and

	Option "dpms"

in the Monitor section.