Re: [TCLUG:18801] Weird slow X4.0 Startup

> Interesting..  It looks like XF4.0 is trying to use the card to
> communicate with the monitor and get configuration information from it.
> The communication times out, so XF4.0 reports a greyscale display..  I
> imagine your monitor is not greyscale, though ;-)  You probably want to
> look for a way to disable the Vesa DDC detection, and then set up the
> monitor sync rates, etc, the old-fashioned way..

AFAIK though a lot of drivers support reading DDC, none of the info is
actually used for anything as of yet. So it won't affect setting
modlines and such. Though I dunno how much I trust XFree 4.0's docs
anymore. They say Rago Pro's acceleration is unsupported, but mine
clearly is. ;)

On a tangent, whats up with DPMS anyway?