Re: [TCLUG:18625] Lets have more eOne fun.

Lord Xoi <xoi@mn.mediaone.net> wrote:

> I've managed to do a minimal install without X, now however my Cd-rom
> doesn't work, but unlike before under Mandrake, this time it gives me no
> message at all.  And when I try:
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom
>
> I get the message:
>
> mount: the kernel does not recognise /dev/hdc as a block device (maybe
> 'insmod driver'?)
>
> and I also tried replacing the hdc with hdb and hdc wih no luck.
>
> any suggestions?

Some questions you need to address:

[0] What exactly do you mean by "my cdrom doesn't work"?  To me this
    means that you know the problem is with your cdrom.  More than
    likely the problem exists elsewhere.
[1] Does your kernel have iso9660 filesystem support compiled in?
[2] Are you loading the modules needed to support the ISO fs?