Re: [TCLUG:18782] Dual monitor saga continues (XF86Config for Dual Matrox)

Just to keep this in the same thread...

I am a little disappointed in GNOME and KDE, the both do not seem to be
xinerama aware.

At first, I was disappointed in E, but a cvs update to the xinerama really
helped. Now E understands that I have xinerama enabled and places windows and
has 'grid snap' between displays.

But GNOME constantly puts windows "in the middle", so the left side of the app
is in 1 display and the right half is in the other display.

The panel at the bottom entends to both displays, but it still places the
pages in the middle and that makes it difficult to get to it.

Just some more FYI as I play with this more.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500