Re: [TCLUG:18834] OpenLDAP

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 05:15:01PM -0500, Andy Zbikowski (andyzb@ltiflex.com) wrote:
> Well, it took me all day but I finially learned enough about OpenLDAP to
> get it up and running properly.
>
> So now, does anyone have a good sample ldif file for for an Outlook
> style contact?

It's recommended to use ldapadd when adding records to ldap.
Here's a sample template I use:

dn: cn=FullName, dc=domain, dc=com
cn: FullName
sn: Company
mail: email
objectclass: person
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: inetOrgPerson

(Fill in actual values for FullName, domain, Company ,and email

ldapadd command should be:
ldapadd -D "cn=root, dc=domain, dc=com" -W -f filename

Should also check out Messageware from www.nexor.com - free software
to create Outlook-style addressbook from an ldap database.
It works great - we use it all the time on our client linux mail servers.

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500