Re: [TCLUG:18834] OpenLDAP

> It's recommended to use ldapadd when adding records to ldap.
> Here's a sample template I use:

Allready figured that out...though I tried LDAP Explorer (Java program)
and it seemed to do a good job of showing the full ldap database in a
tree structure. Also supports templates and the like. Nice for when I
goof...

> dn: cn=FullName, dc=domain, dc=com
> cn: FullName
> sn: Company
> mail: email
> objectclass: person
> objectclass: organizationalPerson
> objectclass: inetOrgPerson

What I have is a bit more complex, but didn't quit work right as of
5:30pm (and darnit...I wanted to go home!) And some fields probally
aren't right...

dn: cn=Firstname Lastname, dc=ltiflex, dc=com
cn: Firstname
sn: Lastname
mail: username@ltiflex.com
o: LTI Flexible Products
locality: Rogers
st: MN
streetaddress: 21801 Industrial Blvd.
postalcode: 55374
countryname: US
telephonenumber: 7634289119
facsimiletelephonenumber: 7634289126
ou: Department
homeurl: http://www.ltiflex.com
objectclass: top
objectclass: person

This came from hacking a export of my Netscape address boook. Needs a
bit of tweaking (and testing in something other than Netscape)

> Should also check out Messageware from www.nexor.com - free software
> to create Outlook-style addressbook from an ldap database.
> It works great - we use it all the time on our client linux mail servers.

Thanks, I will. I hope it works on Citrix/TSE...

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
With a name like Zbikowski, you've gotta be good.