Re: [TCLUG:18863] Mandrake 7.1

> > You can select ReiserFS right from installation, and it comes with
XFree86
> > 4.0 right out of the box.  (installing 3.3.x is optional)
>
> Hmmm. Tempting...
>
> I'm about to go through the nightmare of moving my RedHat system onto a
> Reiserfs. Which is kinda scary. On the one hand, I see Mandrake
> supporting it out of the box now. (They are funding development.
> Fnord...) On the other hand, I see stuff like
> /usr/src/linux/fs/reiserfs/utils/README:
>
> NOTE:   do not store data you take care about on reiserfs partition. It
>         is quite unstable yet.  Please, report any weird behaviour ro
>         reiser@idiom.com.
>
> Anyone else made the leap of faith? ;)

I did a quick SUSE 6.4 installation - which allows ReiserFS during the
install - and it worked great.  I don't have it around any longer to do
benchmarks for you though.

Is there a patch available for LILO so that Linux can be booted off of a
ReiserFS partition?

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net