Re: [TCLUG:18863] Mandrake 7.1

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> NOTE:   do not store data you take care about on reiserfs partition. It
>         is quite unstable yet.  Please, report any weird behaviour ro
>         reiser@idiom.com.
>
> Anyone else made the leap of faith? ;)

I've been running ReiserFS on the root filesystem for slackware 7 for a
while now..
  9:03am  up 15 days, 18:24,  2 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.01
15 days in fact ;)  Hmmz. two users.. Gonna check that out in a few.

Anyways, I havent had any noticeable problems, but of course this isnt a
high-traffic system.  It mainly gets used for email, but I have untarred a
few kernels, done some patching, and built kernels on here.  As far as using
Reiser on a real-use system, I'd give it a go, but I'd also make an ext2fs
partition for /home just to be sure. ;)

-David