Re: [TCLUG:18863] Mandrake 7.1

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 07:43:35AM -0500, Timothy Wilson wrote:
>On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Tim Neu wrote:
>I was impressed that it configured my IDE CD burner correctly out of the
>box. Nice.

O.k. now THAT is impressive. I remember that was kind of a pain. Seems to me I
had to add some ignore line to lilo.conf and make sure thta the ide-cd drivers
were all modular etc.

Still not enough reson to make me move to an rpm based dist. I am way to fond
of .debs.

But it would appear mandrake is worth taking another look at. Maybe I'll
install on a new disk just to give it a look.

Do they offer .iso or .raw images or do you have to buy the cds?

--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

"I thought Christmas only comes once a year..."
James Bond - The World Is Not Enough