Re: [TCLUG:18821] Looking for Computers...

> From: jh@sgi.com
] Looking for Computers...

> Check out
>     http://materialsprocessing.com/sspage.htm
>
> John

A coworker of mine and I bought two of the IBM P75s for $100, and brought
them to the last installfest.

The IBM P75s are PC 350 Model 6586; they can have a P75, P90, or P100
on the motherboard.  They come with 32MB of RAM and 519MB of hard disk.
Ours came with token ring cards.  These machines have builtin S3 Trio64
video chips with 1MB video RAM.  (There is a place for installing
a CD-ROM drive and a second HD.)

The only issue I have with the hardware is that memory configuration is
peculiar.  There are four memory slots, and you can't have four 16MB
SIMMs to get 64MB.

I was able to find updates for diagnostics, video drivers, and FLASH
BIOS at an IBM web site.

dsc