Re: [TCLUG:18908] hardware (U.Mn recycling)

Karen A Swanberg wrote:

> Requests for hardware periodically come up, so I thought I'd post this:
>
> http://www1.umn.edu/recycle/reuse.html
>
> The U. dumps its _really_ old hardware at a recycle center (along with old
> furniture, etc.
>
> Hours are extremely limited, but I've heard one can really find deals
> there. Anyway, if this is common knowledge, I apologize for "spamming."

No problem..  I was going to spam the list with it anyway ;-)  I just
went there for the first time today, just seeing what they have.  There
are some pretty hefty piles of computer stuff, tables, and whatnot.  I'd
recommend bringing a screwdriver to pull apart old computers and get at
the guts (ethernet cards, processors, video cards, etc).  But, like
Yaron said, I'm not exactly sure how much is available to the general
public.  I just looked at the stuff -- didn't try to take anything
today.  They have a few pallets of `unsorted' computer stuff that I
imagine is available for anyone, but I didn't ask..

Hours are 11:00am-3:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  There were only
four visitor parking spots that I saw, though the place next door seemed
to have a big lot -- I'm not sure if they mind or not.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Linux. Live Free or Die.