Re: [TCLUG:19251] Dual Processor Motherboard?

I've had my best luck with tyan boards, the BP6 is a workstation
motherboard, not a server.. intel also has some ok boards, not the highest
preformance.. any reason you need a dual CPU system?  most of your
file/print/mail/backup is easily handled by a single CPU linux box.. where
more money should be dumped into a good SCSI card, and some 10k RPM
drives.. (i allways use IBM ultrastar drives)  and i prefer to purchase
dell systems for anything bigger than $5,000  something that needs better
warrenty support

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)