G400 Update

I thought some of you might like to know that I've found a small bit of
information relating to TV-out on my G400 card (and it may be relevant
to other Matrox cards, too..  I'm not quite sure, though).

Anyway, it involves using the Matrox framebuffer driver, along with I2C
support (there's an I2C bus on the card for controlling the TV
functionality, if I understand correctly).  Unfortunately, all I could
really get out of it was a blank white screen (which is better than a
blank black screen, but not a whole lot better ;-)

Of course, the situation isn't really helped by the fact that many of
the people who have done work on TV-related software have done so in
Europe, where the broadcast standard is different (PAL vs NTSC).  Of
course, they do have that nifty TeleText feature over there (I thought
that was really neat when I went to Germany -- except that everything
was in German... ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?q=matroxset
http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/~vana/matroxfb.html
http://lists.sourceforge.net/pipermail/utah-glx-dev/2000-January/000205.html

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Don't blame me, I voted