Re: [TCLUG:15379] Computers that save long distance relationships.

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:
> > Ethernet: Must have a 3com905Btx ethernet card. Wonderful things. All my
> > servers use them.
>
> I am a fan of eepro, tulip (if the driver got un-futzed), and realtek
> cards now. :)

I've been surprised by the Linksys LNE100TX I picked up.  Cheap card
(~$20), haven't had any problems with it, and it includes drivers on the
floppies that come with it for Linux, Solaris, NT, 9x, and OS/2.  The
Linux one is a modified tulip.c file that you drop into
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net (in the 2.2.x kernel anyway... 2.3 seems to
have altered that source tree a bit) and build the kernel (or drop it in
as a module, if you prefer).

Michael Vieths
Foeclan@Winternet.Com