Re: [TCLUG:15379] Computers that save long distance relationships.

> I've been surprised by the Linksys LNE100TX I picked up.  Cheap card
> (~$20), haven't had any problems with it, and it includes drivers on the
> floppies that come with it for Linux, Solaris, NT, 9x, and OS/2.  The
> Linux one is a modified tulip.c file that you drop into
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/net (in the 2.2.x kernel anyway... 2.3 seems to
> have altered that source tree a bit) and build the kernel (or drop it in
> as a module, if you prefer).

The tulip.c in the 2.2.14 kernel supports this card nicely.  It was first
included in this kernel as part of the based distribution.  It is in the
2.3.99 series kernel.   I am not sure when it first appeared in the 2.3
series.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net