Re: [TCLUG:15425] Laptops that run Win98 and Linux

I have a Sony Viao PIII600 that is great for both Win and Linux. Came
already partionined with a 7 gig win partion with windows on it and had a 5
gig partion with nothing on it, so I all I had to do is install Linux on
that 5 gig and do nothing else. It has the capiablities for 2 battieries.
Has 2 pcmicia slots. 15 in screen. Has a serial port as well as PS/2. Has a
infrared ILInk network card so I had to purchase an ethernet. The only
problem is the modem is internal PCI and is not detected under linux and
I have never gotten, or spent much time trying, to get a PCI modem working
under linux. I like it, but it also needs more RAM, only came with 64mb.
Also, the thing is pretty spendy.