tape backup

Can anyone recommend a tape backup external SCSI drive that uses  8 MM
tapes and where I can get one locally if possible. I have never used one
before and need one at work and am dealing with CDW and they are quoting
$4000 -$1500 sytems. I was recommended an Exabyte 8700, although it is
about a year old, does anyone know what the newer model would be or
something in the same ball park? Thanks.

(to tell you where i am coming from on expeirnce with this stuff,
I didn't even know anyone used tape backups anymore, I "assumed" it was
an ancient technology, so I know absolutely nothing)

Erick