desperately want to leave outlook...

I'd love to give up using outlook for my contacts and calendar.
Unfortunately, while there seem to be a couple of linux apps that do
similar things, in KDE and GNOME, I don't know how to salvage my old
data.  The Linux apps want to import vcard and vcalendar, but Outlook
wants to export only CSVs (probably no accident...).

Question --- do any of you know a utility for extracting this kind of
info?

I could write my own perl filter, but that seems like a lot of work,
and I'd like to avoid it, if possible.

Thanks!