Re: [TCLUG:18186] desperately want to leave outlook...

Quoting Robert P. Goldman (goldman@htc.honeywell.com):

> I'd love to give up using outlook for my contacts and calendar.
> Unfortunately, while there seem to be a couple of linux apps that do
> similar things, in KDE and GNOME, I don't know how to salvage my old
> data.  The Linux apps want to import vcard and vcalendar, but Outlook
> wants to export only CSVs (probably no accident...).
>
> Question --- do any of you know a utility for extracting this kind of
> info?
>
> I could write my own perl filter, but that seems like a lot of work,
> and I'd like to avoid it, if possible.

Check freshmeat. There is a perl program (cannot remember the name) that will
convert outlook stuff to vcard and ical, which most of the linux applications
can handle.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500