Re: [TCLUG:18254] Dual headed video cards

> > Even if X supports dual-monitors, are the window managers up to the
> task?

Afterstep isn't xinerama aware, but it works. Windows tend to open in the
'middle' of the screen. Spanning both monitors...

Gratuitous screenshot: http://www.404error.com/seg/stuff/screen2.jpg

> There are some problems with OpenGL though - xlockmode and xscreensavers
> cool 3D modes will not work too well.

OpenGL only seems to work on the primary screen. All others just display
black. :P

> There's a Layout section in XF86Config for X4.0 in which you can arrange
> all your monitors.

I hate how the 'leftmost' monitor is always 0,0. The primary screen should
be 0,0, and anything to the left should be negative coords. This should
automagically fix dialog centering problems...

I did discover you could have displays overlap. Good for, dunno, but you
can do it. ;)

> No, I've not done this personally. If you want to wait about 6 months,
> I'll probably get around to getting a G400max and another monitor or
> two...

I have. ;)  Though I'm running a TNT2 Ultra and a 3dfx Banshee.

Should probably post my XF86Config, since I wasn't able to dig up an
example multihead xf86config myself...

First post with Spruce. Netscape mail is stupid. Seems to do all the same
stuff, but spruce's composer is godawful slow. its like using a 100bps
modem or something...