Re: [TCLUG:23197] Looking for Book on Linux

--- Andrew Nemchenko <drew@usfamily.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for a good up-to-date overall book on
> linux, preferably something
> reasonably priced, and with lots of different
> iformation in it. Please flood me
> with you sudjestions.
>

> ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet
> - From $7.99/mo! ------

Andrew,
May I suggest "Beginning Linux Programming" 2nd Ed. by
Richard Stones and Neil Matthew. (Pub. WROX, ISBN
1-861002-97-1) and "C the complete C reference" 3rd
Ed. by Herbert Schildt...(ya can use your emacs for it
ya know...) and considering the Linux Kernel is
written in C... those are two. I see the updated Linux
7.1 reference manual has gotten more into the info of
how to... also. Hope this helps.
Manny