From: Timothy Wilson [mailto:wilson@visi.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 6:11 PM
To: TCLUG
Subject: [TCLUG:23280] USR PCI modem

Hi again,

My new USR PCI modem (not a winmodem) shows up as COM5 in Win98 with IRQ
10. Under Linux I've used mknod to create a new entry in /dev for ttyS4
with what I believe are correct major and minor numbers. Presumably I need
to make an entry in rc.serial for the serial port, but I see from
/proc/interrupts that the ide0 has IRQ 10. What would be my best strategy
here? I'm kind of going by the seat of my pants anyway so I may be totally
off base.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/