Re: [TCLUG:23272] Bad RAID controller?

I called up the company and they tried the same setup I was trying. One drive
on the onboard IDE controller, then using Drive Image Boot Floppies to 3 WD
hard drives in RAID 0 with an Escalade 6400. That guy got somewhere around
497meg/min, I got 4meg/min.

Do you think the engineer didnt understand the situation and did something
different, or that my card is bad?

And if the card is just fine, how would you handle this exact drive copy
without it taking 3 days at 4meg/min?

Use another machine, compile a linux kernel with the escalade drivers, put
that on a disk, and use dd?

Thanks for the help.