Re: [TCLUG:23280] USR PCI modem

Hi, Tim.

I would forget about what Win98 says.  It is irrelevant for plug and play
devices.  Have you tried isapnp yet?

$> man isapnp
$> pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf
$> vi /etc/isapnp.conf # read the directions, make changes
                       # you're basically selecting IRQ and I/O here
$> isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

Timothy

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> My new USR PCI modem (not a winmodem) shows up as COM5 in Win98 with IRQ
> 10. Under Linux I've used mknod to create a new entry in /dev for ttyS4
> with what I believe are correct major and minor numbers. Presumably I need
> to make an entry in rc.serial for the serial port, but I see from
> /proc/interrupts that the ide0 has IRQ 10. What would be my best strategy
> here? I'm kind of going by the seat of my pants anyway so I may be totally
> off base.

Timothy Houck
thouck@thouck.com
www.thouck.com