Timezones

I just re-installed my system using RedHat 5.0 at the beginning of the
month, annihilating my old Slackware installation.

Anyway, to the important stuff.  When I run Netscape and WordPerfect,
they both think that I'm living in the GMT timezone.  I correctly set
the timezone to US/Central when I installed, and there is a symbolic
link /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Central.  Are there any
other files that may not have been correctly set?

I have seen a file /etc/adjtime.  Does it do anything?  It's contents
right now are '0.0 0.0'  Is that the way it's supposed to be?

At any rate, some of the clocks on my system give the Central time (like
asclock - the AfterStep clock/calendar)  But Netscape always puts +0000
on the timestamp for messages, and decodes the times for GMT..  (really
annoying..)

Thanks a bunch,

Mike Hicks