Re: [TCLUG:124] Batch conversions xls->ps, doc->ps

I have tried catdoc and it seems to work fairly well. It isn't 100%
perfect, as text is sometime terribbly formatted, but it's something. I
am planning on using it as a netscape helper to read all the word
attachments I get mailed to me. From what I tested, it even works on
Word 97 Docs.

Clay

Nishikant Kapoor (H) wrote:

> Has anyone tried 'catdoc',  a Microsoft Word to ASCII converter
>
> It can be found at
>
> http://ltpwww.gsfc.nasa.gov/ltpcf/about/unix/Depotdoc/catdoc/index.html
>
> Nishi

Clay Fandre            Honeywell - CAS-SPO / Coon Rapids, MN
System Administrator   cfandre@cfsmo.honeywell.com