Re: [TCLUG:124] Batch conversions xls->ps, doc->ps

I am running HP-UX here at work, so I pulled it off the HP-UX archive
center. They do have the source available along with the HP-UX binaries.

http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Text/catdoc-0.33/

Clay

James Hall wrote:

> ["Nishi" wrote:]
> > > It can be found at
> > >
> > > http://ltpwww.gsfc.nasa.gov/ltpcf/about/unix/Depotdoc/catdoc/index.html
>
> Clayton Fandre wrote:
> >
> > I have tried catdoc and it seems to work fairly well. It isn't 100%
> > perfect, as text is sometime terribbly formatted, but it's something. I
> > am planning on using it as a netscape helper to read all the word
> > attachments I get mailed to me. From what I tested, it even works on
> > Word 97 Docs.
>
> Where did you dnload your copy of catdoc?  I cannot find it at the above
> URL (the link points to a nonexistent target.)
>
> Thanks
>
> --Jim

Clay Fandre            Honeywell - CAS-SPO / Coon Rapids, MN
System Administrator   cfandre@cfsmo.honeywell.com