RE: [TCLUG:269] EARLY release of Redhat

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Kapoor, Nishikant X wrote:

> 	Nice to know that I was not the only one bypassing RH5.0.

Me, too. I was all hot to trot for RH5.0 when it came out, but I heard
only horror stories from people about both upgrading to it from 4.2 and
installing it clean on a new system. Maybe I'll wait until 5.2...

> 	glibc business in RH5.x is another thing that bothers me since
> most of the applications are still libc based. Ok, ok, glibc is catching
> up but no there yet, right !

When the Red Hat crowd came to speak, Michael Johnson was saying that
binaries compiled with glibc run faster and are more efficiently. Can
anyone corroborate this? I'm curious.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerfire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/