Re: [TCLUG:909] Printing problem

Would it be possible to set up a different printer entry in your
/etc/printcap to handle text? So the command to print text would be

lpr -P txt text_file.txt

and for other stuff

lpr -P lj other_file

I have problems printing text as well, although I set up my all my
filters by hand using ghostscript (gs doesn't like trying to display
text). This also causes problems when trying to print from the new
wordperfect demo if I want to use the printer drivers that come with it.
Thus, I set up a printer entry that points to my HP deskjet but doesn't run
the data through a filter.

thus for postscript

lpr -P dj file.ps

and for raw data

lpr -P txt other_file

You could possibly do something similar if you have a working text filter.

Hans