Re: [TCLUG:918] gcc vs. egcs

egcs is the enhanced gnu compiler system, it is based on gcc but they are
doing more expieremental development with it.  I think it would be a good
idea to have gcc 2.7.2.3 around just to compile the kernel with as I hear
there are problems when using other compilers.  Redhat 5.1 ships with gcc
2.7.2.3 for the c compilier as well as egcs for c/c++/and fortran 77.  I
think slackware 3.5 only gives you egcs.  I would recommend putting an old
version of gcc in your usr/local incase you have problems with egcs.

Jeff