Re: [TCLUG:1216] eth0 problems (cont.)

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, David S. Cargo wrote:

> When I got home, I discovered that neither Windows 95 nor Linux was
> recognizing my ethernet adapter.  It had originally been set up under
> DOS.  Fortunately, I do have a dual-boot system, and tonight I will
> try to reinitialize the card (a 3com 3C509B-Combo ISA) in DOS.

Obviously, you already have a solution, but here's a note: For that
particular card, you can boot from a DOS floppy and them run the config
programs on the card's driver diskette.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/