RE: [TCLUG:2447] hardware problem

Actually, Intel does not stamp a speed on any of the processors until
shipped, so there was always a chance that you got a P100 when you ordered
a P75 it all depends on what Intel had on hand.  This was a big deal back
when Packard Bell was selling P75 systems like hotcakes, Intel didn't have
enough processors that clocked at 75 so people got 90's and 100's that
where clocked down.  However I do not think that they intentionally got
flaky processors.

Just a little CPU history

Jon